Last modified: 09.06.2021
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.hackerkitchens.us (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to the information we collect, including, but not limited to:
- Use of this Website, including mobile Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Social media interactions on this Website and other third party websites like Facebook, Linkedin, and Instagram;
- Viewing or interacting with our online advertisements or emails, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Hacker or any third party (including our affiliates); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. To our knowledge we do not collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe a child under the age of 13 may have provided us personal information without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We collect and How We collect it
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the Website.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Personal information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website such as:
- Topic selection;
- First name;
- Last name;
- Telephone (optional);
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including:
- IP address in anonymized form is used to determine the location of access
- Referrer (previously visited website)
- Requested web page or file
- Browser type and version
- Operating system used
- Type of device used
- Time of access
The information we collect automatically [does/may/is only statistical data and does not] include personal information[, [but/or] we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties]. It helps us to improve our Website and business to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Identify and assess customer interests;
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Improve our website and marketing efforts;
- Communicate with you and respond to your requests;
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Vimeo sets cookies for the videos you use on our website.
- Google Maps sets cookies when in use.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about this content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
The data processed by Google Maps may include, in particular, users’ IP addresses and location data, although these are not collected without your consent (ordinarily completed through the settings on your (mobile) device). Data may be processed in Ireland. We refer in this context to Google Maps’s privacy statement: policies.google.com/privacy/, opt-out: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also use third party services from the ‘Vimeo’ platform of provider Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street New York, New York 10011, USA. We refer in this context to Vimeo’s Privacy statement:
Third-Party Analytics Services
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may share your information as follows:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, dealers, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hacker’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hacker about user of this Website is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent.
We may also share your personal information:
- If We are legally required to do so;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hacker, our customers, or others.
Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information. You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your preferences and request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.